Love knitting? Make one of these hat knitting patterns for keep warm on the couch or a cozy gift. With different colors of yarn, these patterns would fit anyone’s style.
Thinking about taking up a hobby and wonder whether you should try knitting or crochet? Is knitting or crochet easier? I think crochet is but both are fairly easy to learn.
There is lots of different videos and beginner patterns in both knitting and crochet.
A great beginner project for either crochet or knitting is a dishcloth or headband. Try using the most basic stitches you learn and make one.
Other Knitting Patterns
There are knitting patterns for worsted weight gauge 4 yarn as well as bulky yarn. A wide variety of patterns are available.
New to Knitting? Try these Tips
- Beginner Knit Blanket Class, Full Class – YouTube
- An Essential Learning to Knit Guide for Beginners
- How To Knit for Beginners – Sheep and Stitch
- Learning to Knit, Step by Step | KnitPicks.com
- The Easiest Knitted Hat Ever
- How to Knit a Hat for Complete Beginners
- Easy Knit Hat – How to Knit a Hat for Complete Beginners
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Hat Knitting Patterns Free
Make a basic knit hat pattern available in baby and adult sizes.
Combine two colors of yarn for this free knitted hat pattern.
This knit pattern is great for beginners. Try a new pattern today.
Make this knitted hat pattern using the purl side out.
This is a beginner cable knit hat pattern. This is strictly a easy pattern but it does have a video on how to make the cables. I would definitely try a different hat before tackling this one.
More Free Hat Knitting Pattern
- 6. Classic Brioche Hat
- 7. Basic Knitted Baby Beanie
- 8. Merry Earflap Hat Knit Pattern
- 9. The Summit Beanie
- 10. Watch Cap Knit Pattern
- 11. Burrow Hat Knitting Pattern
- 12. Best Friend Hat
- 13. Ribbed Knitted Hat Pattern
- 14. To Space + Beyond Hat
- 15. Simple Pleasures Hat
- 16. Beginner’s Cable Hat
- 17. Pom Pom Hat Party
- 18. Essential Hat
- 19. Classic Ribbed Hat
- 20. Speckled Pom Pom Hat
- 21. Quick Chunky Knit Hat Pattern
- 22. Toddler “Cat” Knit Hat Mommy & Me Pattern
Pin for Later
More Knitting Patterns
Crochet Patterns to Try
- More Hats
- Animal Hats
- Winter Hat
- Beginner Hats
- Bulky Hats
- Cable Hats
- Toddler Hats
- Hat & Scarves
- Mens Beanies
- Baby Booties
- Summer Baby Shoes
- Baby Shoes
- Baby Blankets
- Baby Lovey
- Beginner Amigurumi
- Horse & Unicorn
- Teddy Bear
- Free Dinosaur
- Cable Blanket
- Security Blanket