Love knitting? Make one of these hat knitting patterns for keep warm on the couch or a cozy gift. With different colors of yarn, these patterns would fit anyone’s style.
Thinking about taking up a hobby and wonder whether you should try knitting or crochet? Is knitting or crochet easier? I think crochet is but both are fairly easy to learn.
There is lots of different videos and beginner patterns in both knitting and crochet.
A great beginner project for either crochet or knitting is a dishcloth or headband. Try using the most basic stitches you learn and make one.
Other Knitting Patterns
There are knitting patterns for worsted weight gauge 4 yarn as well as bulky yarn. A wide variety of patterns are available.
New to Knitting? Try these Tips
- Beginner Knit Blanket Class, Full Class – YouTube
- An Essential Learning to Knit Guide for Beginners
- How To Knit for Beginners – Sheep and Stitch
- Learning to Knit, Step by Step | KnitPicks.com
- The Easiest Knitted Hat Ever
- How to Knit a Hat for Complete Beginners
- Easy Knit Hat – How to Knit a Hat for Complete Beginners
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Hat Knitting Patterns Free
1. Free Basic Knitted Adult Hat
Make a basic knit hat pattern available in baby and adult sizes.
2. Snow Day Hat by Purl Soho Knitting Pattern
Combine two colors of yarn for this free knitted hat pattern.
3. Simple Stockinette Hat
This knit pattern is great for beginners. Try a new pattern today.
4. Free Inside Out Knitting Hat Pattern
Make this knitted hat pattern using the purl side out.
5. Free Golden Waves Toque Hat Knitting Pattern
This is a beginner cable knit hat pattern. This is strictly a easy pattern but it does have a video on how to make the cables. I would definitely try a different hat before tackling this one.
More Free Hat Knitting Pattern
- 6. Classic Brioche Hat
- 7. Basic Knitted Baby Beanie
- 8. Merry Earflap Hat Knit Pattern
- 9. The Summit Beanie
- 10. Watch Cap Knit Pattern
- 11. Burrow Hat Knitting Pattern
- 12. Best Friend Hat
- 13. Ribbed Knitted Hat Pattern
- 14. To Space + Beyond Hat
- 15. Simple Pleasures Hat
- 16. Beginner’s Cable Hat
- 17. Pom Pom Hat Party
- 18. Essential Hat
- 19. Classic Ribbed Hat
- 20. Speckled Pom Pom Hat
- 21. Quick Chunky Knit Hat Pattern
- 22. Toddler “Cat” Knit Hat Mommy & Me Pattern
Try Lionbrand.com or Yarnspirations.com for even more free patterns
Pin for Later
More Knitting Patterns
Crochet Patterns to Try
- More Hats
- Animal Hats
- Winter Hat
- Beginner Hats
- Bulky Hats
- Cable Hats
- Toddler Hats
- Hat & Scarves
- Mens Beanies
- Baby Booties
- Summer Baby Shoes
- Baby Shoes
- Baby Blankets
- Baby Lovey
- Beginner Amigurumi
- Horse & Unicorn
- Teddy Bear
- Free Dinosaur
- Cable Blanket
- Security Blanket