I have been working on some Christmas crafts. I made a cute DIY wood reindeer ornament. Next, I am going to make a fun easy printable star Christmas ornament craft for kids using common household supplies.
I like making Christmas crafts with supplies that are easy to get or household supplies you already have. There are always more paper rolls available.
You can make a fun and colorful black star Christmas ornament. You need to don’t celebrate Christmas you can use it as a fun star craft.
Pair with a Christmas book for reading and creating fun with your snowflake craft project. We like this book, Pete the Cat Saves Christmas.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Easy Paper Star Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids – Printable PDF
- paint – red, green, blue, and white (I used acrylics but they are not washable)
- cotton swabs
- scissors (safety scissors for kids)
- plate or paint tray
- optional glitter glue
- white card stock or black construction paper
- hole punch
- ribbon or string to hang ornament
- smock or apron
How to Make a Paper Star Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids – Printable PDF
First, print out black star template PDF on white card stock. Let stars dry.
If using black construction paper, print out the star outline on white paper and cut out.
If you want other free star templates to try, large, medium, and multi sized try this post:
5 Star Templates – Free Printable Outlines.
Next, cut the stars out. If using black construction paper, trace stars and cut out.
Then, either using the tip of your finger, a pencil eraser, or a cotton swab dip into your choice of paint and make small dots around the outside edge of the star or where ever you want. Change colors in the next row or when you want. Fill the star with small dots. Let dry.
I found it necessary to hold the paper down with one of my fingers to get better dots.
Finally, punch a hole in one tip of the star with a sharp pencil. Use a piece or ribbon or string to handy your star Christmas ornament.
Turn these star outline templates into fairy wands by decorating and adding a craft stick or a stick you find outdoors.
More Fun Christmas Ornament Crafts to Try
- Reindeer Christmas Ornament Craft
- Tin Foil Round Christmas Ornament Craft
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Craft
- 49 Fun Christmas Ornament Crafts
- Painted Paper Plate Ornament Craft
More Fun Christmas Crafts with Kids
- Printable Poinsettia Craft for Kids Template
- 21 Fun Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Christmas Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Fun Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Reindeer Kid Crafts
- Christmas Tree Crafts
- Santa Kid Crafts
- Wreath Kid Craft
- Elf Kid Crafts
- Gingerbread Crafts
- Christmas Ornaments
- Angel Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Kid Craft
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Wood Rudolph Ornament Craft
- Fun Tin Foil Ornament Craft
Winter Crafts with Kids
- Winter Kid Crafts
- Penguin Kid Crafts
- Snowflake Kid Crafts
- Snowman Kid Crafts
- Winter Activities – Math & Reading
- Fingerprint Snowman Kid Craft
- Arctic Kid Crafts
- Tissue Paper Winter Tree Craft