Love knitting? Make one of these pretty knitting blanket patterns for wrapping up on the couch or a cozy gift. With different colors of yarn, these patterns would fit anyone’s style.
Thinking about taking up a hobby and wonder whether you should try knitting or crochet? Is knitting or crochet easier? I think crochet is but both are fairly easy to learn.
There is lots of different videos and beginner patterns in both knitting and crochet.
Pin for Later
A great beginner project for either crochet or knitting is a dishcloth or headband. Try using the most basic stitches you learn and make one.
Looking for colorful stripes or a modern throw blanket knitting pattern, there are lots of different knitting patterns to try with lots of texture.
You can make cozy knitted throws with that look like fur or a rainbow afghan. Knitting patterns can be made in endless variations.
There are knitting patterns for worsted weight gauge 4 yarn as well as bulky yarn. A wide variety of patterns are available.
New to Knitting? Try these Tips
- Beginner Knit Blanket Class, Full Class – YouTube
- An Essential Learning to Knit Guide for Beginners
- How To Knit for Beginners – Sheep and Stitch
- Learning to Knit, Step by Step | KnitPicks.com
- Learn to Knit a Blanket
- Small Knitted Blanket | Easy for Beginners! – YouTube
Choose from a lot of different knitting patterns. There are easy knitting throw blanket patterns and some more advanced.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Knitting Blanket Patterns Free
1. Fall Chunky Throw Blanket Knitting Pattern
Try this neutral textured chunky knit blanket pattern. It would look great with any décor.
2. Free Chunky Ribbed Knit Blanket Pattern
Make a chunky knitted blanket. This designer has both knit and crochet patterns available for free on her blog.
3. Simple Striped Knit Blanket Pattern
4. Free Chunky Cable Knit Blanket Pattern
This blanket is made with a soft squish wool yarn. That makes great chunky throw for your couch.
5. Double Seed Stitch Blanket Pattern
More Free Knit Blanket Patterns
- 6. Winter Cuddler Throw Blanket Knitting Pattern
- 7. Easy Heirloom Knit Blanket Pattern
- 8. Simple Garter Stitch Blanket Pattern
- 9. Stripes & Eyelets Urban Blanket Knitting Pattern
- 10. CUDDLY QUICK KNIT THROW PATTERN
- 11. MAE RIBBED BLANKET KNITTING PATTERN
- 12. Chunky Throw Knit Blanket Pattern
- 13. ASPEN THROW KNITTING PATTERN
- 14. Nature’s Palette Blanket
- 15. NATIVE STRIPES BLANKET PATTERN
- 16. MODERN MOUNTAIN THROW KNITTING PATTERN
- 17. Winterland Three Stitch Blanket
Try Lionbrand.com or Yarnspirations.com
Pin for Later
More Knitting Patterns
What to Try Crochet Patterns?
- More Hats
- Animal Hats
- Winter Hat
- Beginner Hats
- Bulky Hats
- Cable Hats
- Toddler Hats
- Hat & Scarves
- Mens Beanies
- Baby Booties
- Summer Baby Shoes
- Baby Shoes
- Baby Blankets
- Baby Lovey
- Beginner Amigurumi
- Horse & Unicorn
- Teddy Bear
- Free Dinosaur
- Cable Blanket
- Security Blanket