Memorial Day is an important time of year when we honor the brave soldiers who have given their lives in service to our country. It’s also a great opportunity for families to come together and celebrate our freedom and patriotism. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 23 fun and engaging Memorial Day crafts that are perfect for kids of all ages.
Fun Patriotic Memorial Day Crafts for Kids
1. Glitter Firework Craft for Kids
My little one loves glitter. Make some colorful fireworks, great for Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
2. Fireworks Ring July 4th Kid Craft
A fun firework ring made out of glittery pipe cleaners would make a great Memorial Day craft.
3. Straw Fireworks Craft
Use a straw and paint to make some colorful fireworks.
4. Wood Star Craft
Paint some craft sticks and turn them into a patriotic star for a fun Memorial Day craft. A simple and easy craft that only requires paint sticks, glue, and paint to create adorable little American flags.
5. Paper Plate Flag Craft
Make a flag out of a paper plate and some paint.
6. Star Spangled Slime
Kids love slime. Make a patriotic version of slime. Remember to keep the slime off of everything. Plastic works the best.
7. Patriotic Blower Craft
Create colorful windsocks featuring the colors of the American flag. This craft is perfect for kids who love to get creative with colors and patterns.
8. Paper Plate Noisemaker
9. Patriotic Handprint Craft
A fun and simple craft that involves creating an American flag out of handprints.
10. Stick Flag
Gather some sticks and paint them to make this flag.
11. Patriotic Ribbon Wand
12. Patriotic Bubble Wand
My little one loves bubbles! Make a star bubble wand in red, white, and blue. Make bubble wands that feature the colors and shapes of the American flag. These wands are perfect for some bubbly fun on Memorial Day.
13. Patriotic Bracelet Craft for MemorialDay
Make a red, white, and blue bead bracelet or necklace.
14. Star String Art Craft
Use string and nails to make a string art star.
15. Tape Resist Patriotic Painting Arts and Crafts Activity
Take a canvas and make your own patriotic art great for Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
16. Uncle Sam Patriotic Craft for Kids
17. Patriotic Suncatcher
18. Paper Bag Uncle Sam
19. American Flag
20. Q-tip Fireworks
21. Fork Painting Fireworks
22. Patriotic Pinwheels – Make bright and cheerful pinwheels that feature the stars and stripes of the American flag. This craft is a great way to teach kids about the symbolism of the flag.
23. Red, White & Blue Paper Chains – Create colorful paper chains in patriotic hues that can be hung up as decorations or used to adorn bikes and wagons for a Memorial Day parade.
Memorial Day is a time to honor those who have given their lives in service to our country, and these crafts are a great way to celebrate this important holiday with kids. We hope you enjoy trying out these fun and festive crafts with your family and friends. Don’t forget to share your creations with us!
Pin for Later