Looking for a fun and easy Christmas craft? Try this paper plate Christmas ornament craft for preschool.
This easy Christmas craft for kids is made using a paper plate, aluminum foil, paint, plastic gems, and glue. Don’t has plastic gems? You can substitute stickers, paint,, crayons, or markers.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Easy Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Craft for Preschool
- metallic paint, or crayon or markers
- scissors (safety scissors for kids)
- aluminum foil
- paper plate
- plastic gems or stickers
How to Make a Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Craft for Preschool
First, paint or color the paper plate. Let the paint dry.
We used a metallic acrylic paint. The paint is not washable so if that is a concern, you will want to have the kids wear aprons and roll up their sleeves.
Next, glue the plastic gems to the paper plate. You can place them randomly or make a pattern. Pattern making is a math skill.
Then, cut a rectangle of foil and fold in half. Attach folded foil rectangle to the top of the paper plate with glue. Let dry. Enjoy your paper plate Christmas ornament.
Pin for Later
More Fun Christmas Ornament Crafts to Try
- Reindeer Christmas Ornament Craft
- Tin Foil Round Christmas Ornament Craft
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Craft
- 49 Fun Christmas Ornament Crafts
More Fun Christmas Crafts with Kids
- Poinsettia Paper Template Craft
- 21 Fun Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Christmas Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Fun Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Reindeer Kid Crafts
- Christmas Tree Crafts
- Santa Kid Crafts
- Wreath Kid Craft
- Elf Kid Crafts
- Gingerbread Crafts
- Christmas Ornaments
- Angel Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Kid Craft
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Wood Rudolph Ornament Craft
- Fun Tin Foil Ornament Craft