Rainbows are a great bright and colorful craft to make. Try this fun simple painted rainbow craft. This free printable would be great with any media you want to try.
This rainbow craft for kids just needs a few supplies, like paint and card stock. You could use a different paint, markers, oil pastels, or crayons.
This rainbow craft project would be great for toddler and preschoolers to young elementary kids.
Pair this craft with a book for creating and reading fun. A Rainbow of My Own.
I have gathered some rainbow crafts for kids and we made these other rainbow crafts: Rainbow Bracelet Craft, Recycle Rainbow Suncatcher Craft, Tissue Paper Rainbow and Recycle Rainbow Suncatcher Craft.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
How to Make a Simple Painted Rainbow Craft for Kids- Free Printable Rainbow Template
- cotton balls
- paper printable of rainbow printed on card stock
- White Card stock
- Bright liquid watercolors or try these Watercolors with brush
- 5 small plastic cups or 1 for the water
- optional Cotton swabs
First, print out the free printable rainbow template file on white card stock.
Then, paint each space one of the colors of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I used liquid watercolors and cotton swabs.
Finally, glue some cotton balls in the space for the clouds. Enjoy your rainbow painting craft.
Pin for Later
More Rainbow Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Bracelet Craft
- 20+ Rainbow Crafts
- Recycle Rainbow Suncatcher Craft
- Rainbow Fingerpainted Butterfly Craft
- Tissue Paper Rainbow Suncatcher Craft
More Crafts for Kids
- Fingerprint Cherry Blossom Tree Craft for Kids
- Hyacinth Craft for Kids
- Handprint Spring Tree Craft for Kids
- Tissue Paper Spring tree Craft for Kids
- Spring Chick Craft for Kids
- 20+ Spring Flower Crafts
- Spring Kid Crafts for Kids
- List Butterfly Crafts
- 20+ Spring Flower Crafts for Kids
- Easter Kid Crafts
- Kite Kid Crafts
- Garden Kid Crafts
- Rain Kid Crafts
- Spring Tree Kid Crafts