I have been working on some Christmas crafts. I made a cute DIY wood reindeer ornament. Next, I am going to make a fun toilet paper roll snowflake Christmas ornament craft for kids using common household supplies.
I like making Christmas crafts with supplies that are easy to get or household supplies you already have. There are always more paper rolls available.
You can make a fun and colorful snowflake. You need to don’t celebrate Christmas you can use it as a winter craft or snow craft.
I made a fingerprint snowman craft for kids. Try the craft it is fun and easy to make. I gathered a bunch of snowflake crafts too.
Pair with a Christmas book for reading and creating fun with your snowflake craft project. We like this book, Pete the Cat Saves Christmas.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Toilet Paper Roll Snowflake Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids
- 1 toilet paper roll – one roll is enough for one snowflake
- metallic paint
- plate or paint tray
- glitter or glitter glue
How to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Snowflake Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids
First, paint the 1 toilet paper rolls with metallic paint. I choose pink and blue. Let dry.
Each toilet paper roll makes about ten pieces. Enough to make a snowflake with 4 in the middle and 4 on the outside. I made a fancy paper roll snowflake with 24 pieces below.
Next, cut the the toilet paper rolls into 1/4 in sections by flatting them.
Each toilet paper roll is enough to make one snowflake.
Then, glue all 4 toilet paper rolls sections together points meeting. Then attach 4 more paper roll sections, one between each of the two glued before.
Hold each roll together until it starts to stick before you try going on to the next. Let the snowflake dry.
Next, paint all of the insides and edges that you did not paint before using metallic paint and a brush. Let dry.
After the paint is try you can add glue to the top edges and then shake glitter onto the glue. I would put the snowflake on a plate or in a container before shaking the glitter. Let dry. Shake off the extra glitter.
Hang the snowflake ornament with a piece of ribbon.
Fancy Toilet Paper Roll Snowflake
I folded one of the toilet paper roll sections in half and glue them in the center of each piece. I then when around the edge of the snowflake and put one between each section.
You need a total of 24 pieces or about 3 toilet paper rolls.
More Fun Christmas Ornament Crafts to Try
- Reindeer Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids
- Tin Foil Round Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Craft
- 49 Fun Christmas Ornament Crafts
More Fun Snow Crafts for Kids
- 31 Snowflake Crafts for Kids
- 17 Snowman Crafts for Kids
- Fingerprint Snowman Craft
- Favorite Winter Books for Kids
More Fun Christmas Crafts with Kids
- 21 Fun Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Christmas Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Fun Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Reindeer Kid Crafts
- Christmas Tree Crafts for Kids
- Santa Kid Crafts
- Wreath Kid Craft for Kids
- Elf Kid Crafts
- Gingerbread Crafts
- Christmas Ornaments
- Angel Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Kid Craft
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Wood Rudolph Ornament Craft
- Fun Tin Foil Ornament Craft
- Printable Poinsettia Craft for Kids Template
Winter Crafts with Kids
- Winter Kid Crafts
- Penguin Kid Crafts
- Snowflake Kid Crafts
- Snowman Kid Crafts
- Winter Activities – Math & Reading
- Fingerprint Snowman Kid Craft
- Arctic Kid Crafts
- Tissue Paper Winter Tree Craft