Paper plate Santa Christmas ornaments are a fun, easy and affordable craft project for kids of all ages!
With just a few simple supplies, you can help your child create a one-of-a-kind decoration that will add some festive cheer to your holiday décor. So gather up the kids and get crafting!
This fun paper plate Santa craft uses markers and small paper plates. Pair a Christmas craft with some Christmas books, for reading practice and arts and crafts together.
Looking for more fun Christmas crafts? I made a cute wood reindeer ornament and easy tin foil Christmas ornament. and fun fingerprint Christmas tree craft. There are lots of other Christmas crafts to try also, Christmas trees, Reindeer Crafts, Angel Crafts, Christmas Ornaments, and Christmas Wreathes.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Santa Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids
- safety scissors
- small paper plates
- black & red construction paper (small amount needed)
- glue stick
- markers, colored pencils, crayons or paint
- white yarn for beard and for hanger
First, color a face on the top center of the plate down from the rim. Then add the face details, eyes, nose, and cheeks.
Next, color the bottom half of the rim red.
Then, take piece of the cotton balls and glue them to the center part of the plate to make a beard.
Next, cut a triangle and 4 – 0.5 inch x 1.5 inch rectangles out of red construction paper.
Color the ends of two rectangles black. Round the ends of the other 2 rectangles.
Glue that triangle as a hat, the 2 rounded red pieces as arms, and the black and red pieces as feet.
Then, glue a piece of cotton ball as a pompom for the hat and another for the brim of the hat.
Finally, fold over the yarn and glue the back of the Santa ornament.
What other cute Christmas ornaments could you make from a paper plate?
More Santa Crafts for Kids
- Paper Santa Kid Crafts
- Handprint Santa
- Paper Plate Santa Kid Crafts
- Countdown Santa
- Handprint Santa Card
Christmas Crafts with Kids
- 27 Fun Candy Cane Crafts for Preschoolers
- Christmas Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Fun Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Reindeer Kid Crafts
- Christmas Tree Crafts
- Santa Kid Crafts
- Wreath Kid Craft
- Elf Kid Crafts
- Gingerbread Crafts
- Christmas Ornaments
- Angel Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Kid Craft
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Wood Rudolph Ornament Craft
- Fun Tin Foil Ornament Craft
Winter Crafts with Kids
- Cotton Circle Snowman Craft for Preschool
- Winter Kid Crafts
- Penguin Kid Crafts
- Snowflake Kid Crafts
- Snowman Kid Crafts
- Winter Activities – Math & Reading
- Fingerprint Snowman Kid Craft
- Arctic Kid Crafts
- Tissue Paper Winter Tree Craft